Monday, September 13, 2010

Hey, I got published!

Even though my latest attempt at getting my PhD thesis research published may have hit a wall, it hasn't stopped me from getting SOMETHING in print! That's right - recently, the more-prestigious-than-Nature magazine Malt Advocate published a series of pictures of yours truly posing in Scotland with a copy of said magazine.

Here are a few they didn't put in...


Mash Tun Whisky BarAt the Mash Tun Whisky Bar in Aberlour


Rack of Malt Advocate Magazine issuesNice rack...of magazines at Cadenhead's shop in Edinburgh

Glen Grant distilleryStill reading at the Glen Grant distillery

Macallan Estate - Easter Elchies HouseOutside the Easter Elchies House on the Macallan Estate

Bow Bar in EdinburghAt the Bow Bar in Edinburgh

Balvenie distilleryWith our tour guide at the Balvenie distillery

At the Aberlour distillery tasting roomHanging out in the Aberlour distillery sampling room

Needless to say, I now know that particular issue backwards and forwards. What makes this series of photos especially interesting is that this specific issue of Malt Advocate had a section on the best whisky bars in Scotland. So, as I was posing outside the Mash Tun, for example, I was actually reading the article about the Mash Tun. And I was reading the article about the Quaich Bar in the published picture of me in the Quaich Bar.

It's all poetic and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment